After a two-year hiatus from blogging due to the fear of the possibility that something I wrote could come back to haunt me later in life, I have decided to reopen the blog. A couple reasons for this:
- I have realized how important writing is to the research process. While I will try to avoid writing directly about my dissertation, I do want to practice writing reflections on what I am reading, and so I hope write short posts which summarize what I’m reading with some type of reflection.
- I’ve always wanted to create some sort of hub for Gregory of Nazianzus. I’ve already started to do some of this on my Gregory of Nazianzus page.
So here is what I have done. I have cleaned things up a bit by:
- deleting some posts that were just plain silly, and
- compiling my “series” back into long form essays. (I have become convinced that this is an important type of discourse on the internet). As I note at the beginning of each of these, these are old papers. I would probably change much of what I wrote then, but I wont because I don’t have time but still think this information needs to be accessible to a wider audience.
- I’ve also replaced an old post that excerpted a section from an old paper with the entire paper because rhetoric will also have an important place in my research as I move forward writing my dissertation.
So I apologize for the sudden silence two years ago, but hopefully I can put the blog to good use now.